Exclusive festival offer for schools in Manchester!
From established names like Carole Ann Duffy, John Cooper Clarke, and Tony Walsh to rising stars such as David Scott and J B Barrington, Manchester is renowned for its rich poetry landscape. Now with a brand new Poetry Library opening at Manchester Metropolitan University, this rich cultural heritage can be built upon and shared for many years to come.
To celebrate this, Pop Up Projects are organising a celebration of children’s poetry, literature and creativity by bringing Pop Up Festival to Manchester.
Our project will provide a six-week programme of reading, writing, and creative activities and will culminate in a series of interactive workshops to exhibit the creative pieces produced by children. Both children and teachers will have the chance to work with contemporary published children’s poets, authors and illustrators to inspire and motivate them!
The package includes:
- Full consultation to help you to choose the most appropriate poetry/poets to inspire your pupils
- Class sets of books for every class taking part
- CPD for teachers led by poets and featuring creative approaches to poetry
- Interactive Workshops for pupils led by professional children’s poets, authors and illustrators
- The chance to be among the first visitors to the Manchester Poetry Library
- Potential for further experiences for pupils through our partners
For the first 10 classes that sign up, local sponsors BCLP will fund 50% of the cost of the programme
With BCLP’s generous subsidy, we can offer this package for £250 per class (approx. £8.33 per child). This offer is exclusive to schools in Manchester.
If you are interested in taking up this amazing opportunity for your pupils, please get in touch!