We collaborate with schools and education providers to develop an enriching programme delivered over the summer term:
- The programme is suitable for all ages (3-18 years) and needs, including sensory and PMLD;
- The workshops take place in special schools with SEMH with LD, PSCN, and SLCN/ASD designations*;
- It immerses pupils in reading, writing, and storytelling to improve literacy, communication, and wellbeing;
- It upskills, empowers and resources teachers to use accessible literature in SEND classes in fresh and creative ways.
*Classes can choose to meet their authors at local libraries, museums, galleries, heritage, and outdoor spaces, connecting books and stories to places and local history.
Our standard offer includes:
- One book to share between two pupils – which class teachers select from our recommended list of those we think may be most appropriate (which we purchase at discounted rates from our publishing partners)
- Author-generated tailored resources – for the teaching staff in each class to use to deepen pupils’ engagement with their selected book in the run-up to the festival
- The festival culminates in an inspiring, participatory, workshop-based visit by the author/s of your selected books – one for each participating class
Optional extras – you can also choose to receive:
- Additional copies of your selected books for your classes – one per pupil
- A bespoke author-led Teacher CPD session – this can be with a small group of participating teachers, up to 30 teachers per author (i.e. all the teachers in the school), delivered in-person or online, and as a Twilight, half or full day workshop based session
- For the purpose of providing you with a bespoke quote, or more information, please email email@example.com.