This Policy explains what personal information Pop Up Projects CIC (“Pop Up”) collects online and how we use it. Please read it carefully.
By using our Sites – www.pop-up.org.uk and www.pop-up-hub.com – you consent to the terms and conditions of this Policy. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy please do not use the Sites.
Pop Up is a data controller (i.e. a person responsible for the processing of your personal information) in respect of all of the information which Pop Up collects and receives about you when sign on using our Sites.
Pop Up is bound by, and uses your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“GDPR“).
- How we collect your information
We collect your information directly from you through our website, i.e. the newsletter sign-up form.
We also collect information through non-digital sign-up sheets and email communications.
We may collect publicly available information about some companies or individuals for prospect research and other legitimate fundraising purposes.
- Information we may hold about you and uses of your information
Pop Up collects two types of information from you: (I) personal information, and (II) non-personal information:
- Personal information is information that identifies you or can be used to identify you personally such as your name or your email address.
- Non-personal information is information that does not identify you and can’t be used to identify you personally.
We will use your personal information in accordance with the consent you have provided to us, or on the following bases:
- Legitimate business interest – We will process your personal data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which you would reasonably expect and without any material impact on your freedom and rights.
- For example, when you sign up to our newsletter via the website we will retain your details in order to keep you informed about our educational activities unless you request for these to be deleted or for us to stop sending you our newsletter.
- Legal compliance – We will process and store your personal data when we are required to do so by law.
- For example, if you are an artist or writer contracted by Pop Up we will retain your invoice for financial audits for up to 7 years.
- Contract– We will process and store your personal data when doing so is necessary in order to fulfil our contractual obligations.
- For example, if you are attending any of the Pop Up events we will use your information for event-management purposes (such as informing you of changes to the programme, informing you of cancellations, assigning seating, managing effective catering, etc).
Pop Up may use your non-personal information, such as aggregated age and region (without the inclusion of your name or any other personal information) to disclose to organisations approved by Pop Up for analysis purposes.
Unless you withdraw your consent (see point 3), we will keep your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected or used. The actual time will depend on the type of relationship you have with us, the nature of the data and the purpose for which it is used. However, we will periodically review all data to ensure our records are accurate and up-to-date and delete any data no longer required for our legitimate interests or any other purpose (such as for legal compliance) after 7 years. Please also keep us informed if your information is no longer accurate or up-to-date.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- You have certain choices about how we use your information
In line with the GDPR, when Pop Up process your personal data you have the right to request:
- Access, deletion of or correction of your personal information
- Your personal information be transferred to another person
If you wish to exercise these rights or have any questions or complaints about this Policy or any privacy concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not include your credit card number or other financial or sensitive information in your email.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you wish to withdraw any consent you have provided to us, to amend any information we hold about you or to request copies of the information we hold about you please write to us at email@example.com
To stop receiving our newsletters you can either click on the “unsubscribe” link at the end of each newsletter or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the above rights, you have the right to make a complaint to us about the use of your personal information if you feel we have been intrusive to your privacy or misused your data or complain to the regulator (see https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/).
- We may share your information with the following third parties
In line with the GDPR, we may share your information (see 2 (ii) above) with the following third parties in line with our legal and contractual obligations:
- Reporting to funders
- Reporting to (event) partners
- Reporting about past activities in our publicly available company reports
In the event that we are required by any of the above parties to share your personal or sensitive information, we will ensure that you are informed in advance.
Pop Up’s Sites are hosted by Krystal. Any personal information published on our website is transferred to Krystal.
- We use standard security measures
In accordance with GDPR (art. 32) we have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk. That is, the standard security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
- We may link to third party sites or services we don’t control
- Children under the age of 13
Pop Up does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13 please do not attempt to register on the Site or provide Pop Up with any personal information.
If you are at least 13 but under the age of 18, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to use or access the Site.
If we learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such personal information as soon as possible.
- Who we are
We are Pop Up Projects CIC, a company limited by guarantee (Company Registration No. 7504770). Our registered address is:
Pop Up Projects
5 Paper Mill Buildings
City Garden Row
You can find out more about us by emailing us at email@example.com
Date: 22 June 2022