TEACHER CPD PROGRAMMES
Our author-designed CPD offers reinvigorate teacher practice and pedagogy. They can be delivered to individual schools or regional clusters, and in full-day, half-day or twilight formats.
We currently have three CPD offers with some of our amazing authors – all regular contributors to our schools programmes. These are:
‘Making Picture Books’ with author-illustrator David Lucas.
* A step-by-step guide to creating an illustrated book, inspiring teachers to turn classrooms into micro publishing houses, and their pupils into young author/illustrators!
* Can be tailored to Key Stages 1 & 2.
David is the author of many picture books including ‘Lost in the Toy Museum’ (Walker), ‘This is My Rock’ (Flying Eye) and ‘The Robot and the Bluebird’ (Andersen).
Find out more about David’s session HERE.
‘Patchwork Storytelling’ with novelist Sita Brahmachari.
* Sita has woven her stories into a patchwork quilt and uses it as a multi-sensory storytelling tool. She shares the process with teachers to take back to their classrooms.
* Can be tailored to Key Stages 1, 2 & 3.
Sita is the author of ‘Artichoke Hearts’ and ‘Red Leaves’ (Macmillan) and ‘Car Wash Wish’ (Barrington Stoke).
Find out more about Sita’s session HERE.
‘Crash Course in Creative Writing’ with screenwriter and novelist Richard Kurti.
* Excellence in writing is made easy in this workshop, breaking down barriers for pupils who struggle with written tasks, and offering expert insights for pupils who excel.
* Can be tailored to Key Stages 2 & 3.
Richard is the author of ‘Monkey Wars’ & ‘Maladapted’ (Walker) and is also a screenwriter.
Find out more about Richard’s session HERE.
If your school is interested in a bespoke CPD package we can also work with you to find the perfect author-match and build activities including:
* Focused twilight training sessions for all staff or specific teacher cohorts
* Half- or full-day INSETs combining presentations, hands-on workshops, and practical resources
* More intensive or longer-term CPD courses for groups of teachers across local authorities, networks or clusters of schools, including as residentials – check out our ‘Write & Teach’ creative writing programme HERE.