Pop Up Projects and House of Illustration are proud to present:
Pathways is completely unique because:
- It’s for a diverse group of aspiring illustrators who are under-represented in children’s publishing, especially ethnic minorities and people from disadvantaged backgrounds
- It’s equally open to artists who don’t have formal illustration training as well as to undergraduates, graduates and postgraduates
- It’s designed and tutored by world-class children’s illustrators, university illustration tutors, and children’s publishers
- Its packed creative programme includes residentials, masterclasses, short courses, one-to-one mentoring with illustrators and editors, publisher placements and opportunities to learn education and events practice
- It involves learning about and meaningful contact with every aspect of the industry including agencies, booksellers, programmers and producers
- It’s funded by Arts Council England and 20 globally recognised publishers and universities
It will run September 2019 – September 2021, and will be delivered in partnership with a range of prestigious universities and publishers.
If you would like more information about Pathways, or to receive the application pack (which will be available on May 10th), please sign up HERE.