Pop Up Projects and House of Illustration are proud to present:
Pathways is a new two-year illustration programme for talented and ambitious artists from diverse backgrounds who believe they can be the next generation of children’s illustrators.
Pathways is completely unique because:
- It’s for a diverse group of aspiring illustrators who are under-represented in children’s publishing, especially ethnic minorities and people from disadvantaged backgrounds
- It’s equally open to artists who don’t have formal illustration training as well as to undergraduates, graduates and postgraduates
- It’s designed and tutored by world-class children’s illustrators, university illustration tutors, and children’s publishers
- Its packed creative programme includes residentials, masterclasses, short courses, one-to-one mentoring with illustrators and editors, publisher placements and opportunities to learn education and events practice
- It involves learning about and meaningful contact with every aspect of the industry including agencies, booksellers, programmers and producers
- It’s funded by Arts Council England and 20 globally recognised publishers and universities
It will run December 2019 – September 2021, and will be delivered in partnership with a range of prestigious universities and publishers.